This year, a new Geoinformatics related program titled “Copernicus Master in Digital Earth” has found its way in Erasmus Mundus Joint Master Degree (
This year, a new program titled “Copernicus Master in Digital Earth” has found its way in Erasmus Mundus Joint Master Degree (
The program is aimed at developing Geoinformatics related skills set in its graduates and prepare competent professionals in the field of GIS and Remote Sensing.
The following three universities forms the consortium to offer this program:
University of Salzburg – Austria
Université Bretagne Sud – France
Palacký University Olomouc – Czech Republic
Specialization – What is in the Package?
The program offers two tracks of specialization; GeoDsc (GeoData Science) track and GeoVIS track. The former is more pertinent to data analysis by leveraging the capability of modern technologies such as artificial intelligence, machine learning and so on. Whereas, later is more focused on developing Geo-visualization, 3D Mapping, Cartography and Web GIS skills.
Being a new program, this year program is open for its first intake.
- Geospatial Data Acquisition and Visual / Cartographic Communication;
- Data Modelling and Spatial Data Management;
- Data Analytics across the spectrum of Geoinformatics: Georeferenced Data and Data Streams; In-Situ, Remote and Mobile Sensing; Statistics;
- Spatial Analysis, as well as Dynamic System Simulation;
- Standards for Architectures of Open and Distributed Systems and Spatial Data Infrastructures;
- Development of Geospatial Applications.
The Erasmus+ programme scholarship is being granted to this program.
The scholarship covers all the cost and provides 1000 Euro per month stipend to the participants.
The details are available at link.
Deadline: January 2, 2019 – March 14, 2019
Applications from European and International Candidates with a ‘Geospatial’ background are welcome.
Please see official link of program website for complete details.